Cheese Cigars (Rakaek Jebneh)
8 sheets filo pastry
12 oz white cheese, (alikawi altishiki) grated
½ cup finely chopped fresh Parsley
¼ cup mozzarella Cheese, grated
1 egg beaten with
a dash of white pepper
1 cup vegetable oil for frying
1.Soak white cheese in water for 1 night.
2.Change water occasionally.
4.Spread filo pastries.
5.Cut in half.
6.Place semi-circles over each other.
7.Cut in half in order to get triangles.
8.Filling: Mix all ingredients except the vegetable oil.
9.Put some of the filling in center of the smooth side of filo pastries.
10.Fold sides and roll neatly. Brush side with some flour dissolved in ¼ cup of water to seal.
11.Fry in hot oil until golden.
12.Serve hot with main dishes.
- St Elmos An escape from the dreary restaurant grind, St.... read more
- Mywaterfront a new alfresco restaurant and champagne bar which... read more
- Cro Magnon Open since January 2012, CRO MAGNON marks the... read more
- Amarres With a cozy interior and a beautiful terrace just... read more
- The Gathering (Pasteur St.; 961-156-6196) Powered by rooftop... read more
- Lux Lux Beirut Restaurant, is the new exotic addition... read more
- Secteur 75 A recent addition to the ever growing and sought... read more
- La Parrilla La Parrilla Enter La Parrilla, Lebanonâ€™s... read more